THE INTERVIEW: HEC MIM
The Interview: HEC MIM
The HEC Paris MIM is an exemplary program that has etched its name in various renowned global rankings. The parameters include not just the curriculum but diversity, employment rates, and international student representation. The HEC Paris Masters in Management program, in particular, was pronounced second in the list of institutions offering MIM programs across the world.
The HEC Masters in Management accepts promising students from all around the globe with little or no professional experience. Receiving an interview invite from HEC shows that the admission committee sees your potential and deems you valuable. The Interview round is structured to evaluate your motivation, confidence, and vision. I recommend that you make yourself aware of global issues because some interviewees can be asked to share their opinion on the same. Usually, there is one interview round of approximately twenty-five minutes, conducted by two or three interviewers. The interview panel comprises the Director of Admissions, an admissions committee member, and a professor or alumni.
Frequently asked questions at the HEC MIM interview
This article aims to shed light on the major questions that can be asked at the HEC Paris interview for the MIM course. Furthermore, the questions are divided into a total of eight categories for better understanding.
Questions based on your profile
- Please tell me something about yourself beyond your CV?
- Is there a specific reason behind your low GPA?
- Can you describe your role at your previous internship/job?
- Your project work seems interesting here: can you explain it to me in a bit more detail?
- Why do you prefer startups? Can you name some concerns that a start-up would face?
Questions based on competency
- What are your weaknesses and strengths?
- What would you say you’re passionate about?
- Will you be able to cope up with the rigor of a hectic school schedule?
- What are we likely to hear, if we were to question your office colleagues about you?
- Tell us about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation with your colleagues?
- If I grant you thirty seconds, what will you say to me?
- What does your father do?
- Tell me about yourself, briefly. For example, who is Joe in 2 minutes?
- Any final thing that you would like to tell us about yourself?
Questions based on your goal
- What other universities would you say you are applying to? Why?
- Why not work for a couple of years more?
- How would you deal with placement opportunities? Getting a work visa can be tricky.
- What is your fall back plan if your career plans don’t pan out?
- Any ongoing news or policy in Europe which concerns you?
- Tell me about some business news that can possibly disturb markets.
- What’s your hold on the French Presidential Election?
- What, according to you, is the most relevant current affair?
Questions to see your opinion
- Is a democratic government the best? What is your perspective?
- Do you believe that CSR is important for an organization?
- Do you feel you are prepared to study a new subject without a management background?